Embark on a journey to the past sure to leave you gobsmacked, with this light and show sound, projected onto the Karnak temple.
Karnak Temple Light Show
We'll leave from the hotels in the centre of Luxor at 5:30 pm, or 6 pm from the ourskirts or cruise ships, making our way to the famous Karnak temple.
Built more than 2000 years ago, today Karnak is the largest well-conserved Egyptian temple. To explore it by day is an incredible experience, but discovering the history of Egypt as the temple is lit up by night is a treat you'll never forget.
The light and sound show on the Karnak Temple takes two hours, throughout which we'll enjoy a route around the temple to admire its stunning architecture, from a different perspective, until we arrive to the Great Sacred Lake. Here you'll take your seat, and be amazed as the temple lights up in front of your eyes.
Throughout the show, a Pharoah will tell the story of the capital of the New Kingdom, alongside legendary characters from throughout Egypt's history - Tutankhamun, Ramses II, and Queen Hatshepsut.
Then with the show over, we'll head back to the vehicle and your boat or hotel, arriving at around 9 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 6 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 45% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Karnak Light Show||
Karnak Light Show
Per PersonUS$ 44.70
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes audio commentary in English.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or cruise port.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Karnak Light Show.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).