Discover the quieter side of Malé with this day trip to the small island of Villimale. You'll see what life is like for locals and learn how they care for the environment.
Day Trip to Villimale
We'll meet at the jetty at 2 pm and board a ferry which will take us to the island of Villimale.
In just 15 minutes we'll reach the island, and you'll be able to start exploring one of the prettiest places close to the capital city. As soon as you arrive you'll see that despite their proximity, Malé and Villimale are worlds apart!
We'll walk around the island for approximately one hour, admiring the beauty of the relaxing streets. Plus, we'll meet members of Save the Beach, a local NGO, who work to preserve the environment. You'll learn all about their project and the importance that locals place on the environment.
After exploring Villimale, we'll head to a beachside café where you'll enjoy a delicious hedika. This is a traditional snack with small pastries accompanied by a cup of tea.
Before we make our way back to the capital, you'll be able to witness a breathtaking natural sunset from the peace and calm of Villimale. Then, we'll board the ferry again and return to Malé, where we'll arrive at about 6 pm.
Hotel Pick Up
For an additional supplement of 5 US dollars per person, we can also offer hotel collection from hotels in Malé and Hulhumale. This supplement must be paid in cash on the day of the activity.
If you're staying outside this area and still would like to book pick up, the local provider will contact you to indicate the price.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 11 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 11 years oldUS$ 36
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Return ferry to Villimale.
Hotel collection (5 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Jetty no. 5, opposite the Bank of Ceylon.