Immerse yourself in Costa Rican nature: delve into the mangroves of Manuel Antonio on this kayak tour of Isla Damas. Spot incredible rainforest wildlife and enjoy a delicious typical lunch!
Isla Damas Mangrove Kayak Tour from Manuel Antonio
Having been picked up from your hotel in Manuel Antonio, you'll begin your journey to Isla Damas, travelling through the beautiful Costa Rican countryside, home to any number of bird species. If you're lucky, you'll be able to spot herons, kingfishers, ospreys and more!
Arriving at Damas Island, you'll climb into your kayak and begin your route through the tangle of mangroves that line the riverbank. Following your guide, you'll steer your kayak yourself, paddling under natural bridges that have been formed by overgrown tree branches and past lush greenery.
As well as your kayak tour, you'll be treated to a well-deserved lunch of Costa Rican delicacies in a local restaurant to recharge your batteries. Enjoy rice, beans, salad, meats or fish and natural refreshments - mouth-watering!
At the end of your kayak tour of Isla Damas, you'll be returned to your hotel in Manuel Antonio.
If you'd prefer a more peaceful, less active tour, you can choose to explore the mangroves by boat cruise instead of by kayak. Just choose the boat tour option when making your reservation.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 6 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 77
Per personUS$ 75
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Lunch or dinner.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 4 days before (Manuel Antonio local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).