Indulge in the delicious tastes of Costa Rica, discover the best local ingredients and learn how to make the most typical delicacies on this food tour of Quepos and Londres from Manuel Antonio.
Tastes of Costa Rica: Food Tour & Cooking Class
Having been picked up from your hotel in Manuel Antonio, you'll set off in the direction of the neighbouring town of Quepos, where you'll begin your food tour at the local market.
Wander between the different food stalls, letting the vibrant colours, enticing smells and mouth-watering tastes of the fresh produce captivate your senses. Advised by your guide, you'll gather the ingredients for the typical Costa Rican meal you'll later prepare in your cooking class.
You'll then be taken inland to the small town of Londres, where you'll chose the last few ingredients from an organic farm before getting settled in the private kitchen, ready to learn how to prepare Costa Rica's most popular recipes.
Guided by expert local chefs, you'll prepare corn tortillas; banana ceviche; rice; chicken in a hearty tomato sauce; and picadillo, a typical dish of ground beef with spices and vegetables, amongst other delicious treats. Make sure to pay attention to the recipes so you can recreate them at home! After cooking up a storm, you'll sit down together to eat the tasty food you've made.
After eating, you'll have free time to explore the farm and stroll along the banks of the Naranjo River. Weather permitting, you might even have the chance to enjoy a refreshing tip in the cool waters.
At the end of your tour and cooking class, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel in Manuel Antonio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 6 years old|
Children under 6 years oldFree
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Glass of organic wine.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.