Visit one of the most famous lakes in Argentina and discover some amazing, surreal rock formations, when you take this trip to Atuel Canyon and Valle Grande.
Atuel Canyon and Valle Grande Trip
Get ready for a fantastic day in the nature of Argentina. We will pick you up from your hotel in Mendoza at around 7 am before setting off on a three-hour journey to Valle Grande.
On the way, we will cross through the captivating city of San Rafael, admiring its main landmarks and monuments. We will arrive at the famous Valle Grande reservoir, a large lake which receives the Atuel River. There you will have an hour of your own free time to stroll along the idyllic lakeshores, take some pictures, and have something to eat (not included).
Then we head into the Atuel Canyon, where we will discover some amazing rock formations which have been shaped by the wind and rain throughout history. You will find natural sculptures that resemble lizards, enchanted cities, armchairs, and even monks.
Next, we head to El Nihuil Dam, which forms two artificial lakes that generate electricity - you'll be amazed at its size!
Our trip finishes, returning to the hotels of Mendoza where we arrive between 6:30 pm and 7 pm, depending on the traffic.
The tour includes pick up from hotels in downtown Mendoza. If you stay more than 1.2 miles from the center, we will provide you with a meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 11 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 2 to 11 years oldUS$ 25
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car, minibus, or bus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.