Visit "El Castillo", the Temple of the Warriors and "El Caracol" as you explore one of the most important Mayan cities with this excursion to Chichen Itzá.
Chichen Itzá Day Trip
Having picked you up from your hotel, we will head to the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itzá.
Arriving at Chichen Itzá, the first stop will be the imposing pyramid dedicated to the God Kukulkán and that the Spanish conquerors called “El Castillo” (The Castle). Along with your professional guide, we'll discover the secrets of the temple that dominated the religious life of Chichen Itzá.
The guided tour then continues, learning about the history of Chichen Itzá and exploring the Temple of the Warriors: a pyramid surrounded by rows of columns ("the thousand columns") bearing war scenes cut into the rock.
The tour also visits other important buildings, such as El Osario, a pyramid with a cave inside or the El Caracol observatory, a rounded structure that's testament to the advanced astronomical knowledge that the Mayans came to possess.
Then you'll have one hour of free time to walk around the site at your own pace and take pictures. Then we'll head to a local restaurant, where you can fuel up with a buffet lunch made up of typical local specialities, such as roast chicken or pork, rice, beans and handmade tortillas.
The excursion ends back at the hotel in Mérida.
If all the members of the group agree, in the afternoon we will visit a nearby cenote called Yokdzonot. These are natural pools common in the Yucatan, formed when the roof of a cave filled with water collapses. We'll admire this impressive natural formation and discover the ceremonial importance that cenotes had for the Mayans.
This optional visit does not increase the time of the excursion and is subject to the availability of access to the cenote. In the cenote you will have 30 minutes to swim, so we recommend you bring a bathing suit and a towel.
If you'd like to book the option with a discount for Mexican citizens, you should provide your valid Mexican I.D. or passport on the day of the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Chichen Itzá Day Trip
Mexican AdultsUS$ 101.60
Mexican Children (3-11)US$ 96.60
Children (3-11)US$ 131
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Bilingual English speaking guide.
45 MXN (US$ 2.30) fee to use mobile devices in Chichen Itzá.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.