Discover an amazing complex of caves when you take this brilliant trip to the Grutas de García. You will even get on a cable car for the best views of the Sierra del Fraile.
Garcia Caves Trip
At your chosen time, we will pick you up at your hotel in Monterrey. From there we will take a one-hour minibus ride to the town of Garcia to discover its impressive caves. Before we arrive at our destination, we will make a brief stop in case you want to have a coffee or breakfast on your own (not included).
When we arrive at our destination, we will get out of the vehicle and get on a cable car that will take us to the entrance area of the Garcia Caves. As we ascend the Sierra del Fraile we will observe an unparalleled rocky landscape - the ideal moment to take a nice souvenir photo!
Once we get to the top, we will go into the famous Garcia Caves to explore this huge mile-long network of caverns. The guide will help us to discover all the amazing secrets contained within these caves, such as the altar to the Virgin of Guadalupe, the Mirador de la Mano viewpoint, the Salón del Aire, and the fantastic Christmas Tree, among many other hidden corners.
After visiting the caves, we will return by cable car to the village of Garcia where we take a stroll through its historic center and explore its charming little streets. Afterward, you will have one hour of free time to have lunch on your own (not included) and recharge your batteries.
With our appetites satisfied, we will return to the minibus for a panoramic route through the famous Huasteca Canyon, an impressive set of white stone mountains, located in the Sierra Madre Oriental.
With this beautiful print engraved on our retinas, we'll be on our way back to your hotel in Monterrey.
- If you choose the tour that starts at 9 am, the tour will last eight hours and we will be back in Monterrey at 5 pm.
- If you choose the tour that starts at 2 pm, we will follow the same itinerary as the morning activity but, due to the limited daylight hours, we will shorten the visiting times. The experience will last a total of six hours and we will arrive back in Monterrey at 8 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Tour in English
Children from 4 to 12 years oldFree
Children under 4 years oldFree
Children under 12not permitted
6 - 8 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the places visited on the itinerary.
Return ticket for the teleferico.
Transport in minibus.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.