Legendary stories of Ancient Greeks and Romans await you on this free walking tour of Naples Old Town. Explore the city's most historic streets with an expert English-speaking guide!
Free Walking Tour of Naples Old Town
Meet your guide in Piazza Dante at 10 am ready to embark on your adventure through history on this free walking tour of ancient Naples. Accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide, you'll explore one of the most fascinating areas of the city.
First we'll cross Port'Alba, one of the old gates which gave access through the walls of Naples. Did you know that it was built in the 18th century by a Spanish viceroy? That's just one of the fascinating facts you'll discover on the tour of this most historic of centres!
Then it's on to Piazza Bellina, home to an important archaeological site, stretching all the way back to Naples' Greek past. And here you can admire the enormous renaissance and baroque palaces, stunning examples of the local architecture!
Next the tour explores the via dei Tribunali, one of the oldest streets in Naples, and here we'll make a stop alongside the Pulcinella sculpture. Your expert guide will tell you all about the origins of this distinctive mask, and its important place in the local culture. And close by, you'll find the greco-roman monument to the god Nilus, constructed between the 2nd and 3rd centuries.
The next stops on the free tour of Naples are the Churches of Purgatory and St. Clara - two perfect examples of Naples' rich religious architecture. And the cherry on the cake is the piazza del Gesù Nuovo, one of the most emblematic in the city, where we'll put an end to the free tour of Naples at 12:15 pm.
It is not possible to book this free walking tour for groups of more than 6 people. If you're a larger group, we recommend reserving our Private Guided Tour of Naples.
Other free tours of Naples
Looking for more free walking tours in Naples? If you'd like to delve deep into the city, we recommend our Free Walking Tour of Naples, and if you'd like to discover it's most beautiful viewpoints and streets, check out our Free Tour of Naples Viewpoints & Vicoli.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Naples' history.
Map of Naples.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 5 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.