A magnificent mansion, a beautiful oak tree tunnel, and one of the darkest chapters in American history, all await you on this tour of Oak Alley - one of the oldest and best-preserved plantations in Louisiana.
Oak Alley Plantation Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in New Orleans between 8:15 and 8:45 am, we will head to the Oak Alley plantation, located about an hour a quarter away, on the banks of the Mississippi River.
We will make our way along the beautiful passageway of oak trees which gives the plantation its name, before arriving at the impressive mansion built in 1837. During the next half hour, we will enjoy a tour of the building's interior led by a professional guide dressed in period costume.
During the tour inside the mansion, we will discover what the luxurious life of the landowners was like. We will also learn the tragic story in the U.S. You will learn fascinating facts like how over 100 slaves worked at the Oak Alley plantation in subhuman conditions.
Once we leave the main house, you'll then have an hour and a half to explore the location at your leisure. Strolling through the grounds, you will see the slave houses, the posters reflecting the 'price' of black labor, the farm, the different gardens, and much more.
We finally end the tour by returning to New Orleans and dropping you at your hotel at 1:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children from 4 to 14 years oldUS$ 40
Children under 4 years oldFree
5 hours 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus or bus, depending on the size of the group.
Entry to Oak Alley plantation.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.