With this bike tour you'll discover the history of Porto by pedalling through its most iconic streets and cycling past its most important monuments.
When you book, you can choose between two different routes: one on a standard bike and the other on an electric bike. Both tours last three hours and start and end at Rua Alexandre Herculano. For both tours you can choose at 10 am or 3 pm.
Standard bike tour
We'll start this tour by visiting the famous Ribeira neighbourhood. On the banks of the Douro River we'll admire the famous Dom Luís I Bridge. We'll also see some of the most iconic monuments in the old part of the city, such as the Episcopal Palace, the Porto Cathedral and the Church of São Francisco. We'll also learn about the history of the popular wine cellars in this area of Portugal.
Our bike tour will then continue through the neighbourhoods of Miragaia and Foz Velha, where we'll stop outside of the Parque da Cidade do Porto park and the Jardim do Passeio Alegre gardens.
Electric bike tour
On this route, we'll use eco-friendly electric bicycles so we can climb the steepest slopes. Not only will we cycle through the historic centre of Porto, but we'll also ride along the banks of the Douro River.
We'll also find out about the history of other important landmarks in Porto such as the neighbourhoods of Ribeira and Miragaia, Clérigos Church and Tower, the Librería Lello bookstore, the São Bento railway station, the Porto Cathedral and the Serra do Pilar viewpoint.
- Minimum height: 150 cm (4 ft 9)
- Maximum weight: 118 kg (260 lb)
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people who have recently had an operation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Standard bike tour||
|Electric bike tour||
Standard bike tour
Per personUS$ 35.30
Electric bike tour
Per personUS$ 43.80
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Bike and helmet.
Bottle of mineral water.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Rua Alexandre Herculano.