Discover one of Portugal's greatest natural jewels with this Peneda-Gerês National Park Day Trip from Porto. You'll explore its streams, waterfalls, forests and much more while admiring the impressive views.
Peneda-Gerês National Park Day Trip
We'll pick you up at your hotel at 9 am and depart Porto for a one-hour drive to the Peneda-Gerês National Park. Let's go!
Once we arrive at our destination, we'll discover why this beautiful location is one of the biggest attractions in the north of Portugal. Did you know that it was created in 1971 and that it's the only National Park in the country? It really is amazing!
We'll visit a natural paradise that was named a World Biosphere Reserve in 2009. The tour will also take us to the famous Tahiti waterfall, which also belongs to the Arado River, where you'll have the chance to take a dip. We'll also visit the Pedra Bela viewpoint, to see spectacular views of the Gerés valley and the Caniçada reservoir.
Before leaving the Peneda-Gerês National Park, we'll enjoy a delicious picnic lunch surrounded by Portuguese nature.
The day trip will end by dropping you off at your hotel at 6 pm.
Pick up at the hotel
This tour includes pick-up at hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 33% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 33% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 4 and 11 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Peneda Gerês National Park.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).