Let yourself be seduced by Porto’s charming streets and colourful buildings while you wander through its nostalgic historic centre and learn about its fascinating history on a free walking tour.
Free Walking Tour of Porto
At the chosen time you'll meet your guide at the Garrett Monument, in front of the Town Hall. From this central point on Avenida dos Aliados you'll begin your free walking tour of the city.
During the next two-and-a-half-hours, you will discover the top attractions and most emblematic neighbourhoods of Porto. We'll pass by the Clerigos Church and its beautiful Bell Tower, the highest in Portugal, and admire great panoramic views of the city from its observation deck.
Walk to the University of Porto to discover if the stories that link it to the Harry Potter books and films are true, and then admire the stately San Bento railway station, famous for being decorated with over 20,000 tiles that narrate the history of Portugal.
Explore Batalha neighbourhood and visit the striking “Sé do Porto”, the Porto Cathedral. The best of the tour is saved till last when you will stroll along the banks of the river and marvel at its colourful houses. You will love this part of Porto, famous for its six bridges.
- Groups of over 6 people will not be allowed to participate in the Porto Free Walking Tour. If this is the case, check out our Private Tour of Porto instead.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Local English speaking guide expert in art and history.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Garrett Monument, in front of the Town Hall