With a visit to a plantation, a tour of Higüey, tastings and a typical lunch, this truck safari is the best way to get to know the Dominican Republic. Don't miss it!
We'll pick you up at your hotel on board our trucks; ideal for a safari around the interior of the Dominican republic.
We'll visit a junior school, to learn how local children study and about daily life in a small rural village. Then we'll make our way to a sugar, cocoa and coffee plantation, three of the largest crops in the country and central to the local economy.
The tour then continues in the city of Higüey, where we'll discover the cathedral of Our Lady of Altagracia: one of the most visited Catholic churches in the Caribbean.
Our safari next heads into the mountains of the Dominican Interior, visiting local farms where their workers will tell us about their customs and show us their homes. And before leaving we'll try their Dominican cocoa and coffee in beautiful natural surroundings.
Following this, the tour visits the Valencia Ranch, where we'll observe how their artisanal wares are made and we'll take a delightful horse ride over the ranch grounds. Then we'll fuel up with a delicious buffet lunch, where you can try the diverse local dishes on offer.
The tour ends at Macao beach or the Jonu River, depending on the day. We'll relax for 20 minutes at one of these stops before making our way back to the hotel.
Half Day Safari
If you have less time, you can choose to take a half day safari. This 4-hour option does not include the buffet lunch nor the horse ride or visit to Macao beach.
Hotel Pick Up
Este tour incluye recogida en los hoteles de las siguientes zonas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto, Cap Cana y Bayahibe.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12||Children under 5|
|Full Day Safari||
|Half Day Safari||
Full Day Safari
Children between 5 and 12US$ 42.50
Children under 5Free
Half Day Safari
Children between 5 and 12US$ 27.50
Children under 5Free
4 - 9 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Cocoa and coffee tasting.
Tasting of dominican drinks and cigars.
Bottle of water.
Buffet lunch (optional).
Horse ride (optional).
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.