Travel by train to the iconic Christ the Redeemer of Corcovado statue and climb up to its lookout. You will also visit the Sambadrome, the Maracana stadium, and the Metropolitan Cathedral. This is the complete tour of Rio de Janeiro!
Christ the Redeemer by Train and Rio Tour
At the scheduled time, we will collect you from your hotel and begin our comprehensive tour around the principal places of interest of Rio de Janeiro. First, we board a train which will take us to the Christ the Redeemer, the giant statue of Jesus Christ with arms spread wide open, watching over the inhabitants of what is known as the ‘carioca’ city.
During the train journey, you will experience crossing the tropical jungle for about 20 minutes before arriving at the summit of Corcovado. Everyone has used this train line which was inaugurated in 1884, including popes and kings. These electric trains favor the environmental pledge of the city to not damage Tijuca Forest, the largest urban forest in the world.
Named as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, the Christ the Redeemer offers one of the best vantage points in Rio.
After, we will descend back to sea level and tour the main attractions of the city. Have you ever dreamt of setting foot in the Maracanã stadium or the Sambadrome? We will take you to both these iconic venues and reveal all their fascinating secrets.
Our tour continues at the Metropolitan Cathedral, a spectacular modern structure with a design influenced by the Mayan temples of Central America. Our final stop is at the Selaron Steps, a work of art of striking colors.
We will end the guided tour back at the original meeting point.
Hotel pick up
This activity only includes pick up and drop off from hotels situated in the south zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, and Leblon). In the case that your hotel is not located within one of these zones, please notify us when making the reservation so that we can arrange a new pick up point for you.
Reduced group size
This tour is done with a maximum of 19 participants.
Trip by minibus
If you prefer, you can reserve our visit to Christ the Redeemer of Corcovado by minibus.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children from 5 to 11 years oldUS$ 20.80
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Ticket for the Corcovado Train.
Entry to the Christ the Redeemer.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 14 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).