Discover the secrets of the Hebrew community in Rio de Janeiro with this tour of the Jewish culture. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, you will see all the principle Jewish monuments around the city.
Jewish Culture Tour of Rio de Janeiro
In the morning, we will collect you from your hotel in the southern area of Rio de Janeiro. From there, we will head to Yitzhak Rabin Park, which is our first stop on our route through the Jewish parts of the carioca city.
We will hear all about the history of the ex-president of Israel, and of this park which was named in his honor and opened by his wife. At the same time, you will enjoy the breath-taking views of two of the natural wonders of the city - the beach of Botafogo and Sugarloaf Mountain.
Later in the tour, you will encounter a public school which was built in honor of Anna Frank and Chaim Weitzmann square, named in honor of the first president of Israel. We then visit the Jewish museum and the Grand Temple, an enormous building constructed in the first decades of the 20th Century to honor the Jewish community. We will tour the inside both venues to get a better understanding of the history and culture of Judaism in Brazil.
Finally, in the neighborhood Copacabana and Leblon, we will visit Jewish temples, such as the synagogues of Beth El and Beit Lubavitch. Our tour ends in the grounds of the Midrash Cultural Centre, which you can choose to visit at your own pace.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick up from selected hotels in the Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon areas. If your accommodation is not located within these districts, please indicate this when booking so that a different meeting point can be arranged.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|General||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 5 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up from hotel or meeting point.
Transport by airconditioned bus.
Official English speaking guide.
Entry to the visited monuments on the tour ($10 USD / €9 approx).
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.