Discover one of the most beautiful white towns in Spain, with this free walking tour of Ronda. Plus, you'll visit the famous Puente Nuevo bridge.
Free Walking Tour of Ronda
We'll meet at the central Plaza de España, at the entrance to the Parador Nacional de Turismo. and from there we'll start our free tour of Ronda, first walking down Paseo de Ernest Hemingway. Do you know why there's a statue in honour of the American author here?
On our guided tour around this beautiful Malagan town, we'll make our way to the breathtaking Puente Nuevo bridge, with wonderful views of the 490 feet deep (150 metres) El Tajo gorge and of the emblematic balconies of the hanging houses.
Our free tour of Ronda will take you to the most important parts of the city, and you'll see the grandeur of the houses on Calle Tenorio, the House of St. John Bosco and the María Auxiliadora Square. You'll also be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the town from the El Campillo viewpoint.
While we walk around the old town of Ronda, we'll admire the marks left on the town by the Celts, Phoenicians, Romans and Moors over the years. Plus, we'll step back in time as we see the Mondragón Palace, one of the most visited buildings in Ronda, which is also home to the Municipal Museum.
Our tour will also take you past the Plaza de la Duquesa de Parcent, a square famous for having four different churches: Santa María de la Encarnación, Santa Isabel de los Ángeles, La Caridad and María Auxiliadora.
Plus, no visit to Ronda would be complete without seeing the bullring. Not only is this one of the oldest in Spain, but it is also considered to be the birthplace of traditional bullfighting.
We'll finish the free tour close to the central Plaza de España square.
- Our free tour of Ronda is not available for groups of over 6 people. If you have a larger party, you could book a guided tour of Ronda.
- We will not enter any of the monuments, but rather we will see them and learn about them from the outside.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Local English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 4 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza de España.