In the Costa de Almería Aquarium located in Roquetas de Mar, you will come face to face with a variety of wonderful sea creatures and also learn all about the different stages of the water cycle. This is a fun-packed experience for all members of the family!
What to expect at Almeria Aquarium
You can learn all about the different stages of the water cycle when you visit the Costa de Almería Aquarium in Roquetas de Mar. The facilities are divided into seven different thematic areas:
- Tropical Fresh Water: in this space, you will see fish from the Amazon such as koi carp, pacus, and piranhas.
- Tropical Sea Water: the aquariums here are home to all sorts of amazing colorful fish that inhabit coral reef environments.
- Ocean Tank: in this panoramic tunnel, you will see creatures that inhabit the deep ocean waters, such as magnificent sand tiger sharks.
- Fields of Posidonia: this meadow of seagrass is home to wonderful small marine species such as Seahorses.
- Rocky Seabeds: this area has two Mediterranean habitats, one with Conger and Moray Eels, and another with loggerhead sea turtles and grouper fish.
- Touch and feel: an interactive space where you can touch and stroke sea creatures which typically get trapped in rocky pools when the tide goes out, such as hermit crabs and starfish.
- Did you know...?: this is a space with 10 aquariums where you will find both freshwater and seawater creatures with distinctive features, which have evolved to adapt to truly amazing conditions.
You can download a map of the aquarium via the following link:
The opening hours of the Costa de Almeria Aquarium are the following:
From October to May
- From Monday to Friday: from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Weekends and public holidays: from 10 am to 7 pm.
From June to September
- From Monday to Friday: from 10 am to 9 pm.
- Weekends and public holidays: from 10 am to 9 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
Costa de Almeria Aquarium
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 14.60
Children from 3 to 14 years oldUS$ 14.60
Children under 3 years oldFree
Ticket for Costa de Almeria Aquarium
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Costa de Almeria Aquarium