Discover the natural environment that surrounds the Black River and enjoy a swim in the YS Falls. Look out for the crocodiles!
Black River & YS Falls Day Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Runaway Bay at 7 am to set off on our trip to the south of the island. For two and a half hours we'll travel along the north coast of Jamaica to reach the Black River.
When we arrive, we'll hop on a boat to sail the Black River. Its 53 kilometres long and is one of the largest rivers in Jamaica. During our cruise, we'll be surrounded by the most amazing plants and wildlife in Jamaica. Look out for the crocodiles! When we're back on the mainland we'll make a stop to enjoy a typical Jamaican meal.
After a short walk through the tropical forest, we'll arrive at a clearing where the YS Falls cascade down the rocks- a sight that is sure to take your breath away. The waterfall forms a natural pool where you can take a refreshing dip and you can also go for a walk in the surrounding areas or sunbathe on the rocks.
At the end of the day, we'll take you back to your hotel in Runaway Bay at 8 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 70% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 77.35
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Black River boat ride.
Entry to YS Falls.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).