Discover the province of Jujuy on this day trip to Quebrada de Humahuaca, a mountain pass which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Quebrada de Humahuaca Day Trip
We'll pick you up between 6:30 am and 7:10 am from your hotel or the meeting point and set off for the beautiful town of Purmamarca, meaning "city of the desert" in the Aymara language. Our first stop will be at the Cerro de los Siete Colores hill, whose dazzling colours will take your breath away!
The route will continue to Maimará, a small town located next to the beautiful natural landscape of the Paleta del Pintor, meaning "Palette of the Painter". You'll marvel at its red, yellow, orange and pastel tones, and it makes for a great photo!
Afterwards, we'll make our way to Pucará de Tilcara: an indigenous archaeological site that houses the remains of an ancient fortress. We'll also find out about a curious curse related to the Argentinean Football Team!
Next we'll head to the Iglesia de San Francisco de Paula church, in Uquía, where we'll admire the extraordinary paintings of the Harquebusier Angels, which date back to the Hispanic period. The tour will then continue along the Tropic of Capricorn to the famous Quebrada de Humahuaca, a spectacular mountain valley.
Lastly we'll visit Humahuaca, the largest city in the gorge. We'll explore its historic centre, declared a World Heritage Site, and admire the great Monument to the Heroes of Independence. You'll have some free time here for lunch so you can taste the incredible gastronomy of Jujuy.
At the end of the trip we'll return to Salta, arriving by around 7:30 pm.
This tour includes pick up from hotels in the centre of Salta. If you're staying elsewhere, we'll pick you up from the following meeting point in Salta: number 45 Calle Buenos Aires.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus or minibus, depending on group size.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Entry fee to the ruins of Pucará de Tilcara: US$ 7 per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
Number 45 Calle Buenos Aires.