Feel the magic of ancient Mayan ruins in Palenque and explore the spectacular natural waterfalls of Agua Azul and Misol-Há on this tour of Chiapas' must-see landmarks from San Cristóbal de las Casas.
Agua Azul, Misol-Há & Palenque Tour
First thing in the morning on the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in San Cristóbal de las Casas, setting off northeast towards the city of Ocosingo.
You'll then head north to the Agua Azul Waterfalls, an impressive series of cascades on the Xanil River whose water is a striking turquoise colour, earning its Spanish-language name. Here, you'll have the opportunity to bathe in the natural pools formed by the falls, and relax in the beautiful surroundings.
Continuing onwards on your route, you'll reach Misol-Há, a spectacular waterfall consisting of a 115-foot (35 metre) tall cascade in the midst of the lush tropical jungle. These mythical landscapes were the filming locations for Arnold Schwarzenegger's Predator.
Finally, you'll make your way to the highlight of your adventure: the Palenque Archaeological Site. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the ruins of the ancient Mayan city date back to 226 BC and are home to some of the best-known art and architecture created by the Mayas. You'll be truly enchanted by this fascinating site and the insight it provides into the ancient civilisation.
After a full day exploring Chiapas, you'll make the return journey to the centre of San Cristóbal de las Casas, arriving back around 11 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 5 years old|
Children under 5 years oldUS$ 30
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up.
English and Spanish speaking driver.
Entrance to Palenque Archaeological Site.
Drop off at hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).