Discover the magic of Sleeping Lion Rock and spot diverse wildlife on this day trip from San Cristóbal. What's more, you can snorkel or scuba dive in this breathtaking place!
Sleeping Lion Rock Day Trip
On the morning of the excursion, we'll meet up at Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Pier on San Cristóbal Island, where we'll embark on a boat trip on the waters of the Pacific in the direction of Kicker Rock, also known as El Leon Dormido, or The Sleeping Lion, a natural rock formation.
During the cruise, which takes approximately one and a half hours, you'll be captivated by the impressive views of the coast of San Cristóbal Island.
Reaching the islet southeast of the Galapagos Islands, we'll stop at take in the view. What shape do you think it is? Is it a sleeping lion, or is it a shoe? While you wonder, you'll hear all about the history of Kicker Rock.
In this incredible area of the Galapagos, you'll have the opportunity to see an awe-inspiring number of wildlife species, like turtles, marine iguanas, rays, Galapagos sharks, tropical fish and even hammerhead sharks! Fancy going for a swim?
We'll disembark in a uniquely beautiful spot to make the most of the beach here, giving you the equipment you need to snorkel amongst the fascinating marine life around Sleeping Lion Rock. We'll also enjoy a delicious lunch to renew our energy.
At the end of an unforgettable experience, we'll return to San Cristóbal Island for around 3:30 pm.
Scuba Diving at Sleeping Lion Rock
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between snorkelling or scuba diving at Sleeping Lion Rock. If you choose this option, you'll have the opportunity to do two dives around the island.
We'll then stop at the beach so that you can have a well-deserved rest and a hearty lunch before returning to San Cristóbal.
- To participate in the scuba diving activity, you must have an Open Water license and have dived during the past 7 months.
- You must stay on San Cristóbal Island the night before this day trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Sleeping Lion Rock Snorkelling||
|Sleeping Lion Rock Scuba Diving||
Sleeping Lion Rock Snorkelling
Per personUS$ 213
Sleeping Lion Rock Scuba Diving
Per personUS$ 340.60
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Return transport to Sleeping Lion Rock.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Snorkelling or scuba diving equipment (optional).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Avenida Charles Darwin and Hernán Melville.