Discover the incredible giant redwoods of Muir Woods, the largest trees in the world and stopping in Sausalito, a charming city with incredible views of San Francisco.
Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour
After travelling across the Golden Gate Bridge and enjoying the spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay, our first stop will be Muir Woods National Monument, where ancient groves of Giant Redwoods (Sequoia Sempervirens) tower over Redwood Creek. Muir Woods is an almost mystical place of peace and tranquillity, where you can get lost amongst the enormous redwoods which have been in the park for the last 500 to 800 years, with the oldest of these great trees predicted to be at least 1,200 years old!
Next, visit the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito, a gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants. In the past, it was famous as a hub for bootlegging during the prohibition era, but today it's best known for its charming waterfront and the spectacular views across the bay, with the distance to the striking metropolis making it only more impressive.
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice of two additional options to complete your excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito:
Tour with Bay Cruise
When back in San Francisco you can embark on a 60-minute Bay Cruise past the famous Pier 39 sea lions and along San Francisco’s historic waterfront, revealing the city’s fascinating skyline. After you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, you’ll circle Alcatraz Island and see every angle of this infamous prison island. Other attractions include Angel Island, the Ellis Island of the West, and the magnificent skyline of San Francisco.
Tour with San Francisco City Tour
Following a brief stop back at the tour office, you can enjoy a four hour guided bus tour of San Francisco, with photo stops at the key locations such as the Golden Gate Bridge, the stunning Twin Peaks Viewpoint, Golden Gate Park, and Alcatraz Island. All of this while an expert guide spins the tale of San Francisco’s early settlements, from Native Americans to Spanish missionaries and the frenzied days of the gold rush.
In an effort to conserve Muir Woods and the Giant Redwood trees for future generations, the National Parks Services have recently restricted access to the park, limiting the number of parking slots. As such, we are not able to secure the same departure time for every day. Please read the redemption instructions carefully.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old|
|Tour + Bay Cruise||
|Tour + San Francisco City Tour||
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 47
Tour + Bay Cruise
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 68
Tour + San Francisco City Tour
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 71
4 hours - 6 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Admission to Muir Woods.
Free time in Sausalito.
Bay cruise from Pier 39 (optional).
Narrated tour of San Francisco (optional).
Food and drink.
Hotel pick up.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
478 Post St (Gray Line Offices)