Immerse yourself in a new world of flavour discovering the delicious gastronomy of Costa Rica on this food tour of San José. Explore the streets of the Escalante district and indulge in local delicacies!
Food Tour of San José
On the evening of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel and taken to the Escalante district, located in the east of San José. This neighbourhood has become a cultural and culinary paradise in recent years... what better place to discover the gastronomy of Costa Rica?
You'll head down Calle 33, a lively street in Escalante that has come to be known as the "Paseo Gastronómico La Luz", or "La Luz Gastronomy Street", as it is home to the city's highest concentration of restaurants.
The food tour will make three stops along the route where you'll have the opportunity to taste San José's most delicious dishes and most traditional recipes to really get a feel for Costa Rica's culinary culture. Hope you're hungry!
As well as eating tasty food and learning all about San José's gastronomy, you'll also have the opportunity to admire the different architectural styles that make this area of the city so fascinating.
At the end of your food tour of the Costa Rican capital, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel.
Children under 12 years old may not participate in this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person (over 12 years old)|
Per person (over 12 years old)US$ 79
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Professional English and Spanish speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Escalante district and the Paseo Gastronómico La Luz.
Tasting of typical Costa Rican food.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.