Enjoy an unforgettable day of adventure in the Braulio Carrillo Rainforest: hike through the jungle, cruise down the Sarapiqui River and fly over the canopy on the aerial tramway!
Rainforest Adventure in Braulio Carrillo National Park
Experience Costa Rica's lush rainforest landscapes by land, water and air! After being picked up from your hotel in San José, you'll be taken to the Braulio Carrillo National Park, one of the country's most emblematic reserves. Stretched over more than 117,500 acres (47,000 hectares) between the Central Valley and the Caribbean, the park is home to volcanoes, 6000 different types of plant and 515 different bird species. A true wealth of nature!
First up on your day of adventure will be sailing down the Sarapiqui River on a boat trip. Enjoy a tranquil cruise through the rainforest trees, and don't forget to look out for the incredible wildlife that inhabit the jungle: you should be able to see monkeys, iguanas and birds amongst others!
Following your relaxing boat cruise, you'll make your way to the private hiking trails of the Selva Verda Eco Lodge. You'll trek deep into the tropical rainforest accompanied by colourful toucans, white-faced capuchin monkeys and howler monkeys... and you'll soon realise how the latter got their name when you hear their calls!
After your jungle hike around Selva Verde, it'll be lunch time. Enjoy a well-earned buffet lunch to renew your energy for the afternoon ahead!
For the finishing touch on your day of adventure, you'll climb aboard the aerial tramway that flies through the rainforest canopy. On board the gondola, you'll soar through the treetops, getting up close and personal with the rich biodiversity of the national park!
At the end of the day, you'll return to San José where you'll be dropped back off at your hotel.
You'll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch of traditional Costa Rican foods including salads, two types of meat, vegetables, dessert, soft drinks, coffee, tea and biscuits.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 122.50
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Boat trip on the Sarapiqui River.
Guided hike on the Selva Verde trails.
Guided aerial tramway tour.
Lunch of traditional Costa Rican foods.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.