Discover one of the largest geyser fields in the world at El Tatio on our fantastic trip from San Pedro de Atacama. During the journey, you will also visit a remote, Andean village which has kept its traditions for centuries.
Tatio Geysers and Machuca Village Trip
We will collect you early in the morning and then head to the most important site of geothermal activity in all of Chile. After traveling for around an hour and a half, we arrive at El Tatio geyser field, situated at more the 4,000 meters (13,000 ft) about sea level.
El Tatio is one of the most visited locations in the Atacama desert. Here, you will witness the constant eruptions of steam, rising out of more than 100 small craters in the earth. The site is the third largest geyser field in the world. We will also visit thermal pools and enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching this spectacular geothermal activity at the break of dawn.
Leaving behind the mesmerizing landscapes of the El Tatio, we make our way to the remote village of Machuca. This tiny settlement, high up in the Chilean Altiplano seems to have remained in an ancient past.
We will walk among the handful of houses that make up the settlement whilst hearing all about its history and traditions. We will visit Machuca church, a simple, picturesque white building with sky blue doors. You will also discover the traditional handmade products of the inhabitants whose livelihood largely depends on the rearing of Llamas.
When the trip has finally finished, we will return to San Pedro de Atacama. On the way, we will make one final stop at a beautiful wetland area where you will see flamingos, ducks, and a variety of bird species.
The departure point will depend on the area where you are staying in San Pedro de Atacama:
- If your accommodation is in a central location in San Pedro de Atacama, we will collect you at the time specified on the reservation.
- If on the other hand, you are not staying in the town center, you must go to the meeting point at 451, Calle Ignacio Carrera Pinto.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 6 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12 years old.|
US$ 38 US$ 35.50
US$ 24.70 US$ 23
AdultsUS$ 38 US$ 35.50
Children from 6 to 12 years old.US$ 24.70 US$ 23
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
7% discount on the official ticket price.
Entry to the geysers site: CL$ 6.50 (US$ 0) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
451, Calle Ignacio Carrera Pinto.