Discover the El Soplao cave, one of nature's geological wonders, with this trip from Santander. You'll explore its tunnels and enjoy unique views of the Cantabrian landscape.
El Soplao Cave Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Santander, we'll set off for the town of Rionansa. During the trip, you'll be able to admire northern Spain's characteristic landscapes of valleys, forests and mountains.
When we arrvive we'll visit the El Soplao cave, that used to be a mine. You'll be amazed by the beauty of this Cantabrian mine, considered to be one of the country's greatest geological wonders.
We'll explore its different tunnels on board a small train and admire the incredible range of stalactites, stalagmites, columns, calcite crystals and rock formations that have formed over the years.
Once we've explored the El Soplao cave, we'll go to the Tina Menor viewpoint in Pechón. You'll marvel at an impressive natural landscape that overlooks the Ria Menor estuary.
Finally, we'll head back to the Santander hotels at around 2:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12||Children under 2|
Children between 2 and 12US$ 44.30
Children under 2Free
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a minivan.
English speaking guide.
1 hour entry to the El Soplao cave.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Santander).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).