Don't miss exploring two of Chile's most important coastal cities on this excursion to Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. You'll also visit a vineyard in the famous Casablanca Valley.
Valparaíso & Viña del Mar Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from your hotel first thing in the morning, you'll leave Santiago behind and head out to the northwest, in the direction of Chile's coast.
As you drive through the heart of one of the country's main wine-producing regions, admiring the vineyard-covered landscapes along the way, you'll make a stop at a winemaking cooperative in the Casablanca Valley. Here, you'll have the opportunity to taste a local wine and discover why Chilean wines are so famous and popular throughout the world. Your tasting will be accompanied with olives and olive oil from the Azapa Valley, and salted biscuits.
Back on your route, you'll cruise down the coastal road known as the Camino de la Pólvora, arriving in Valparaíso, considered the cultural capital of Chile. Enjoy a guided tour of the city, beginning at the Muelle Prat, a historic dock filled with dozens of colourful boats. From Plaza Sotomayor, the main gateway to Valparaíso from the sea, you'll immerse yourself in the old quarter, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Visit the city's most important cultural monuments, including the mythical House-Museum of Pablo Neruda, known as La Sebastiana. You'll then reach Paseo 21 de Mayo, a natural viewpoint at the bottom of the Artillería Hill, where you'll be able to to take in a panoramic view of Valparaíso's incredible scenery - from sea to city to the surrounding mountains.
Following your guided tour of Valparaíso, you'll set off to the next stop on your excursion, the seaside city of Viña del Mar, whose name in Spanish means "Vineyard of the Sea". The coastal town is also often called the Garden City, and you'll soon see why when you visit sights such as the iconic Flower Clock on the side of Castle Hill.
In Viña del Mar, you'll have free time to eat lunch (not included) before continuing your guided city tour. With renewed energy, you'll head down to the seafront to enjoy a peaceful walk along the beach.
At the end of your full day exploring these unmissable places on the Chilean coast, you'll make the return journey to Santiago where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
This excursion does not include a guided tour of the House-Museum of Pablo Neruda. You'll explore the exterior of the building instead and enjoy the veiws from a nearby viewpoint.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service at hotels in the following areas of Santiago de Chile: Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura and Santiago Centro. If your accommodation is located in a different district, your guide will contact you to arrange an alternative meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide with expert knowledge of local history.
Visit to a vineyard in Casablanca valley with wine and food tasting.
Guided tour of Valparaíso.
Guided tour of Viña del Mar.
Reduced group, there will be a maximum of 15 people.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.