The island of Sao Miguel is a true natural paradise of the Azores islands. Discover its incredible landscapes with this Sete Cidades & Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour.
Sete Cidades & Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour
We'll meet at 8:30 am on Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral in Ponta Delgada, the capital of São Miguel. From here we'll get into an all-terrain jeep and head towards the east of the island.
After a half hour drive, we'll arrive at our first stop, Lagoa do Fogo. This lake was formed on the caldera of a volcano from its last eruption in 1563. We'll walk around its perimeter and stop at the different viewpoints to observe the beauty of this Portuguese natural site.
The tour will continue to the west of Sao Miguel to an enclave where the volcanic terrain and the water meet again. In Sete Cidades we'll reveal how the Blue and Green Lakes were formed. This corner has become one of the biggest attractions of the Azorean archipelago.
Next, we'll take you to a local restaurant for a buffet lunch. Afterwards, we'll return to the jeep and drive back to Ponta Delgada along the coast.
The tour will end arriving at the starting point at 4:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 12 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 7 and 12 years oldUS$ 28
Children under 7 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transport by jeep.
English speaking guide.
Buffet style lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral.