Discover one of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Seville with this guided tour of Triana. Known by locals as the 'Independent Republic of Triana', some claim to have never even set foot in the city centre!
Fotos de viajeros
Guided Tour of Triana
We'll meet behind the Torre del Oro, on Paseo Alcade Marqués del Contadero. From here, we'll walk into the neighbourhood of Triana, just on the other side of the Guadalquivir River.
We'll cross the Isabell II bridge, over this river, and once in the heart of Triana, we'll explore its origins: did you know that it was a neighbourhood of sailors, bullfighters and flamenco dancers?
As we wander through the lively, colourful streets, we'll also see the chapel that is headquarters to the Esperanza de Triana confraternity, as well as the local craft shops. As well as stopping to admire the Royal Church of Santa Ana, dating back to 1276.
We won't just see what the neighbourhood is like these days, but our expert guide will explain all about the famous Trianeros that have made history over the years. These include Rodrigo de Triana, who accompanied Colombus on his voyage to America, and bullfighter Juan Belmonte. We'll also discover about Bartolomé de las Casas, who spend his life fighting against slavery, and Melchor Rodriguez García, who grew up in this neighbourhood before going on to be the "red angel" of the Spanish Civil War.
After discovering the charm and beauty of this historic neighbourhood, we'll finish the tour Next to the Isabel II bridge, one of the most identifiable points in Triana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Torre del Oro.