The fastest train in the world, the highest skyscrapers in China and some of the most ambitious buildings in the world. Set off on an 8-hour private tour and discover Shanghai’s most modern neighborhoods.
Private Modern Shanghai Guided Tour
Your guide will be waiting for you at 9am at your hotel lobby. From there, head to one of the city’s most modern train stations which accommodates the Shanghai maglev train, the world’s fastest commercial high-speed train. Climb on board the magnetic levitation train and travel to the Pudong International Airport in just 7 minutes. The train has a maximum speed of 431 km/h.
Once you get to Longyang Road station, discover Lujiazui, the new financial district of Shanghai. In this neighborhood, climb to the observation deck of one of the three tallest skyscrapers in the city: The World Financial Center, the Jin Mao Tower or the Oriental Pearl Tower.
Continue the tour by visiting the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, home to numerous miniatures of Shanghai from different periods to demonstrate how the city has changed. It is a very visual and entertaining museum.
The museum is situated around People’s Square, the most-visited square in Shanghai.
Walk from People’s Square to Nanjing Road, the liveliest high street in China, a perfect area to eat out at your own leisure.
Meet you guide after lunch and head to Xintiandi, one of the most modern areas in “Shen”. Surrounded by bars and restaurants is the first National Congress of the Communist Party of China.
Your guide will drop you off at your hotel or in any other area you want at 6pm. You can of course stay in Xintiandi if you prefer.
Personalise your tour
Since this is a private tour, you can customize your itinerary. For example, if you’ve already ridden on the maglev train or if you prefer to visit other areas of Shanghai, your guide will accompany you wherever you want to go, including a replicas and electronic market.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you, your partner, a group of friends or your family.
Tour in English
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 240
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 295
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 375
Up to 20 peopleUS$ 485
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide during the day trip.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
Private vehicle with professional chauffeur.
Tickets to the various monuments (Maglev Train $14 and View Point $20)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.