Travel to the beautiful waterfalls northeast of Tacna with this Panina Falls Day Trip. Enjoy the impressive natural formations and visit the Andean villages od Cambaya, Mirave and Locumba.
Panina Falls Day Trip
At 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Tacna and board a bus to head to Panina Falls, one of the regions greatest attractions.
Along the way, we'll make different stops before arriving at the waterfalls. First, we'll visit the Gallinazos desert lookout, just a few kilometres from the Ilabaya valley. Here we'll witness impressive views of the valley, where the hills and rock formations acquire different tones and structures.
We'll continue driving towards Ilabaya to see the traditional Adobe style houses. Our next stop will be the small village of Cambaya, famous for being surrounded by hills and mountains creating a beautiful landscape.
From here, we'll take a short 10 minute walk to the main attraction of the day, the Panina Falls. We'll spend an hour around the waterfalls, admiring the natural beauty of the Andes.
Following on, we'll go back to the bus which will take us to Mirave where we'll discover the art figures around the main square. Our final stop on the tour will be Locumba.
Here we'll visit the Señor de los Pies Quemados church and learn about the tradition concerning this sacred image, which is celebrated each year on the 14th of September.
The tour will end making our way back to the hotels at 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 95.10
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in car with air conditioning.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.