Explore one of the largest provinces of the ancient Roman Empire. Discover more curious facts and its charming historic centre with this Tarragona Private Tour, just for you, your partner, family or friends!
Tarragona Private Tour
After meeting at the time of your choice at your hotel in the centre of Tarragona or in Baixada del Roser, we'll start a private tour around the old town.
We'll explain the great importance of Tarraco, as the area was known during Ancient Rome. The archaeological remains from this period are protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
Next, we'll approach the Roman walls that were once more than 3.5 kilometres (2 miles) long and walk through the centre of the city until we reach the Forum. Here we'll find Tarraco's main religious and cultural buildings, as well as the excavations of the circus where many horse races took place. You'll feel as though you're travelling back in time!
Following on, we'll head to the amphitheatre, located on the beachfront. You'll love the view of this old building with the sea in the background.
The tour will end after two hours and 15 minutes at your chosen central point of the city.
Advantages of a private tour
When you book a private tour you'll have a guide exclusively for you. You'll have several hours to choose the beginning of the tour and you can modify the itinerary as you prefer to get closer to the monuments you like the most. Moreover, if you're a large group, you'll save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
Private tour in English
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 106.80
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 140.50
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 174.20
Up to 30 peopleUS$ 213.60
2 hours 15 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else in your group.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).