History, art and nature combine perfectly in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San Cristóbal de La Laguna and Taganana: three unmissable visits on any trip to north Tenerife.
Santa Cruz, La Laguna & Taganana Day Trip
Our day trip starts by heading from Puerto de la Cruz to Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the island. Here, you’ll see the impressive architecture of some of its most emblematic spots, such as Plaza de España and the Adán Martín Auditorium, designed by the famed Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava.
We’ll continue by enjoying a walking tour of the historic centre of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, which can boast of being one of the 15 Spanish cities that have been named as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. On the tour, you’ll see iconic buildings such as the cathedral, the baroque palace Casa Salazar and the Tuscan-style bell tower at the Nuestra Señora de la Concepción church.
After having approximately an hour of free time to enjoy lunch in La Laguna (not included), we’ll then head to the Anaga peninsula, crossing the laurel forest mount of Las Mercedes. Once we’ve seen the Macizo de Anaga mountain range, named as a biosphere reserve due to its exceptional environmental heritage, we’ll head to the nearby town of Taganana. The picturesque streets with typical Canary buildings, surrounded by lush vegetation are sure to make an impression.
After visiting Taganana, we’ll return to your hotel in Puerto de la Cruz.
This day trip leaves from Puerto de la Cruz. If you are staying in Candelaria, Las Caletillas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, La Orotava or other tourist areas in the north of Tenerife, you should make your own way to Puerto de la Cruz so we can pick you up from a more central location. You’ll be picked up between 8 and 9:10 am. When you make your booking you’ll have to select where you’d like to be picked up from. After booking, you’ll receive an email with the exact pick up location and time. If you do not receive this, or would like more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
If, on the other hand, you are staying in El Médano, Callao-El Paraíso, Ten Bel, Los Gigantes, Golf del Sur, La Caleta, Las Américas, Los Cristianos, Chayofa or any other tourist area in south Tenerife, you can book this tour, which is very similar but leaves from the south of the island.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 11 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 11 years oldUS$ 21.20
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off (only for accommodation in Puerto de la Cruz).
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Tenerife local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).