Leave Spain behind for a day and explore Tangier, the gateway to Africa. Discover the unique beauty and lively atmosphere of the historic Moroccan city on this excursion from Torremolinos.
Tangier Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from Torremolinos first thing in the morning, you'll head to Tarifa, the port city in Cadiz where you'll catch the ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar. Arriving back on dry land in Tangier, you'll begin your Moroccan adventure, exploring the Petit Socco or Souk Dakhli. The atmospheric "Little Square", as it translates, used to be one of the most important markets in Morocco, and is these days surrounded by lively cafes and historic hotels.
Diving into the Medina, or Old Town, you'll be immersed in the daily life and customs of Tangier's locals. Strolling through its labyrinthine streets, you'll reach the Kasbah, the Medieval citadel from which you'll enjoy incomparable views over the port and the bay.
Not far from the old fortress, you'll have the opportunity for a well-earned break, being served a delicious traditional Moroccan feast, before continuing your guided walking tour on to a local bazaar.
Having explored the souk and practised your haggling skills over any souvenirs you may want, it will be time for the next part of your day trip: a panoramic bus tour of the modern area of Tangier. Discover the wealthiest and most contemporary areas of this bustling Moroccan city in the most comfortable way.
Finally, after an unforgettable day, you'll head back to the ferry port to sail back to Tarifa, for your return journey to Torremolinos.
Between June and October, the day trip itinerary will change. Instead of taking the panoramic bus tour of Tangier, you'll visit Cape Spartel, a promontory west of Tangier where you can see the point where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean Sea.
- Between November and April, the Tangier Day Trip is subject to variation depending on ferry timetables and the celebration of Ramadan.
- To travel to Tangier it is necessary to show a valid passport. Many countries do not require a visa to enter Morocco; please check whether your nationality requires Electronic Travel Authorisation before you travel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 98.50
Children under 4 years oldUS$ 65.60
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
Official English speaking guide.
Return ferry tickets to Tangier.
Transport in Tangier.
Typical Moroccan lunch.
Panoramic bus tour and guided walking tour of the city.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.