Travel to Sagunto and discover the cultural legacy left by the Romans who populated this historic city more than two thousand years ago. You will encounter important ancient Roman remains such as the theatre, the castle, and the iconic Via Augusta road.
We will pick you up from your hotel at the scheduled time before heading towards Sagunto, a historic Roman city located about twenty miles from Valencia. During the journey, you will witness some of the earliest Roman settlements on this land, dating back more than two thousand years ago. You will travel back in time to another era!
Once in Sagunto, we will begin to explore the Roman vestiges that still stand in the city, such as the famous castle. This strategically located hill-top fortress was built to protect the city from external attacks.
We then enter the old town of Sagunto, characterized by steep cobbled streets. You will feel like true a Romans here! Our next stop is the famous Roman theatre of Sagunto, the iconic symbol of the city. Amazingly, this was the very first building declared a National Monument of Spain.
After seeing the stage and the stands of this ancient theatre, we will walk along the stretch of the iconic Via Augusta road which passed through Sagunto. The largest, most famous Roman road on the Iberian Peninsula is more than 900 miles long!
After discovering the secrets of Sagunto, we will return to the hotels of Valencia.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 7 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 7 to 10 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 7 to 10 years oldUS$ 32.50
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the monuments (Museum, Castle, and Theatre).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).