Stroll down charming Medieval streets, marvel at the Roman amphitheatre and be enchanted by the romantic atmosphere of Verona on this free walking tour.
Verona Free Walking Tour Itinerary
Meet your guide next to Arco dei Gavi, an ancient archway first constructed around the 1st century that acted as an entrance to Verona during the Middle Ages. From this iconic landmark, your free walking tour of one of Italy's most romantic cities will commence.
Journey back several millennia for the first stop on your guided tour: the Verona Arena, one of the best preserved Roman amphitheatres not just in Italy, but in the world. Admire its façade while your guide reveals some of the events for which it is still used today, before strolling onwards to the lively Piazza dei Signori and Piazza della Erbe, the oldest square in Verona.
The next stop on your free walking tour will be Juliet's House, a place of pilgrimage for romantically-minded fans of Shakespeare's works, and one of Verona's most famous landmarks. Gazing up at the emblematic Juliet's Balcony, you'll discover the story of Romeo and Juliet and read the messages that lovers have scribbled on the walls here throughout history.
Finally, follow your English-speaking guide through Verona's history, from its origins to the city today, as you pass by the Medieval castle and bridge known as Castelvecchio and the Church of Santa Maria Antica. This 12th century Romanesque temple is home to the ornate Gothic tombs of the Scaliger family, who ruled Verona from the 13th to the late 14th century.
- It is not possible to reserve this tour for groups larger than 6 people. If you are a bigger group, please book our Private Tour of Verona instead.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a maximum of three children permitted per adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Arco dei Gavi.