Find out what it was like on board a ship in the North Atlantic with this ticket to the fascinating Gil Eannes Naval Museum. Inside the facilities are many amazing surprises and secrets waiting to be discovered.
Gil Eannes Naval Museum
With this ticket, you will have access to the magnificent Gil Eannes ship, moored in Viana do Castelo, and which has been converted into a fascinating museum. You will be able to explore the different facilities of the ship discovering its kitchen, the operating theatre, the chapel, and the engine room.
From the time of its first voyage in 1955 until its last diplomatic trip to Brazil in 1973, the vessel was used for an array of functions. This flagship was dedicated to assisting cod fishermen on the Grand Banks of Newfoundland and Greenland, was used as a hospital ship, a tug boat, and even an icebreaker.
You will hear about her predecessor was an auxiliary cruise ship for the Portuguese Navy during World War I. You will learn about all the ins and outs of its history and the secrets of its voyages.
The family ticket includes two adults and up to four children from 7 to 16 years old.
The Navio Gil Eannes museum has the following hours:
Tuesday to Friday: from 10 am to 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 5 pm.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: from 10 am to 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Family ticket||Children under 7 years old|
Family ticketUS$ 12.10
Children under 7 years oldFree
Entry to the Gil Eannes Naval Museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Museo Navío Gil Eannes.