The Cíes Islands are a natural paradise off the Galician coast that any visitor to the area simply can't miss! Enjoy a day in this natural park with a return ferry from Vigo. And don't worry about the permit, it's included.
Return Ferry from Vigo and the Cíes Islands
At your selected time, make your way to the port in Vigo to board the ferry that will take you to the Cíes Islands, one of the most incredible natural parks in Spain. The trip will take you just 40 minutes.
Once you have disembarked, you will be free to explore the island's hills and beaches, or simply relax and soak up the sun. You decide!
This paradise is a must-see on any trip to Galicia. Formed by three islands, the archipelago has hiking trails, a wealth of natural attractions and some of the most breathtakingly beautiful bays in Europe. You'll never want to leave!
Cíes Islands to Vigo Ferry Times
The return ferries from the Cíes Islands to Vigo deart at: 1:30 pm, 5 pm and 7:15 pm. Between 11 July and throughout the month of August and September there are additional departures at: 12 pm midday, 6 pm and 8 pm.
Return on a different day
If you would like to return on a different day, you should indicate so in the comments section when making your reservation. To camp on the islands, you must obtain the relevant permit from the Xunta de Galicia, as we only arrange authorisations of tickets with same day returns.
Guided Tours in Low Season
Between the months of October and December, the ticket to the Cies islands includes a visit with an official guide. This is because it is prohibited to visit the islands in low season without a guide. This means that the guide will accompany you in the boat from Vigo, and once you dock in Cies, will indicate the main routes. The guide will explain the main anecdotes about the island, and its wildlife, before setting you on your way.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12||Children under 5|
Children from 5 to 12Free
Children under 5Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
Return Ferry from Vigo to the Cies Islands.
Permit from Xunta de Galicia to visit the Cies Islands.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 10 days before (Vigo local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Do under 14s also have to show their ID?
A - No, they may travel simply with an adult who does have their ID and authorises the minor as a result.
Q - Are there any restaurants on the island?
A - There is a restaurant and a cafeteria on the island. The restaurant is as you get off the boat, and the cafeteria is a little further away, but easy to reach by foot.
Q - Can pets be brought to the islands?
A - No, it's prohibited to bring animals into the National Park.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Calle Cánovas del Castillo, 26.