A trip to Michamvi is unmissable if you're travelling to Zanzibar! You'll get to relax at Pingwe Beach and you'll see the famous restaurant, The Rock.
Day Trip to Michamvi
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Stone Town between 8 and 8:30 am, and from there we'll head towards the east of Zanzibar.
After an hour and a half travelling, we'll reach the Michamvi peninsula, a secluded spot on the island of Tanzania that amazes visitors with its endless white-sand beaches and incredible turquoise waters.
Once there, you'll have time to enjoy these heavenly surroundings however you please. If you fancy, you could go snorkelling to discover the marine life living in the Indian Ocean; there are hundreds of tropical fish to be seen, such as parrotfish, lionfish and even eels. Plus, you'll also have time to sunbathe and rest on the heavenly Pingwe Beach.
Of course, you can't come here without checking out one of the area's biggest attractions: The Rock. This restaurant is known world-over because of its incredible location in the middle of the sea. If you fancy, you could get lunch here; being where it is, it's no surprise that the seafood is delicious!
We'll end the tour by leaving Michamvi behind and returning to Stone Town, where we'll drop you back at your hotel at 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 10 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 10 years oldUS$ 45
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
Basic snorkelling equipment.
Lunch at The Rock restaurant.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).