Explore Accra, Cape Coast and Kumasi with this South Ghana Tour Package: 8 Days. Visit the landmarks along the Ghanaian coast and the Ashanti Kingdom capital.
South Ghana Tour Package: 8 Days
Day 1: Arrival in Accra
On arrival at Accra airport, we'll be waiting to take you to your hotel where you'll stay for the next two nights.
Day 2: Accra
After breakfast in the hotel, we'll go to the centre of Accra to visit the symbolic locations around the Ghanaian capital. Our first stop will be the Independence Square, where you'll find the Eternal Flame of African Liberation and the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park.
Nearby is the artisan market where you'll come across traditional West African items. Next, we'll make our way to James Town, one of the most historic neighbourhoods in Accra. Its characteristic elements are the lighthouses which light the way for the boats along the Gulf of Guinea.
To end the day, we'll return to the hotel for dinner.
Day 3: Accra - Kumasi
In the morning we'll leave Accra and make our way to Ghana's interior. Our first stop will be the Mampong Centre for Scientific Research in Plant Medicine. Afterwards, we'll continue on to Kumasi.
When we arrive, we'll visit Manhyia Palace, the official residence of the Asantehene of Asanteman. As we step inside you'll admire the precious objects related to the Ashanti dynasty and the Okomfo Anokye Sword, a symbol for the Ashanti throughout three centuries.
In the afternoon we'll take you to your hotel in Kumasi to have dinner.
Day 4: Kumasi
On this day we'll take a tour of the craft villages of the Ashanti kingdom. Among them is Ahwiaa, where we'll watch how wood is produced, and Ntonso which is dedicated to cotton weaving. We'll also pass through Bonwire.
Later, we'll return to the city and visit the Kumasi Central Market, the largest in West Africa. Afterwards, we'll take you to the hotel to have dinner and relax.
Day 5: Kumasi - Elmina
After breakfast at the hotel, we'll leave Kumasi and head for the Cape Coast. Along the way, we'll stop at the Obuasi mine and Assin Manso, where two former slaves from the United States and Jamaica are buried.
We'll continue the route passing through the Slave River. The next stop will be Cape Coast Castle, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and nicknamed the 'Door of No Return'.
The day will end by taking you to the hotel in Elmina and enjoying a delicious dinner.
Day 6: Kakum National Park and Elmina
The sixth day will be dedicated to visiting some of the wonders of the Cape Coast. After having breakfast we'll head out to Kakum National Park where we'll see the birds and butterflies that inhabit this corner of Ghana while walking along an impressive footbridge, over 45 metres (147 ft) above ground.
Back on the mainland, the tour will head to Elmina, to visit its Castle. Did you know that it was the first European structure built in sub-Saharan Africa? Later we'll go to the village of Mesomagor and listen to a bamboo orchestra, a musical experience you'll be sure not to forget.
Finally, we'll return to the hotel in Elimina to have dinner and rest until the next day.
Day 7: Elmina - Accra
After breakfast, we'll make our way back to Accra. Along the way, we'll stop at a charming location to admire the Adinkra fabrics being produced, and buy yourself a souvenir.
We'll arrive back at the hotel for dinner.
Day 8: Accra
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Accra and take you to the airport, where the 8 Day Tour will end.
The 8 South Ghana Day Tour Package includes 7 nights accommodation with breakfast at the following hotels or similar ones:
- Accra: Hotel Urbano.
- Ada Foah: Hotel Noda.
- Elmina: Elmina Beach Resort.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 5% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The price of the tour depends on the size of the group. To see the exact price you must fill in the booking form, and select the number of people on the tour. The price includes all of the entrance tickets.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Pick up and drop off at Accra airport.
Transport by car or minibus depending on the size of the group.
7 night accommodation with breakfast.
6 evening meals.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else other than your partner, family and friends.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).