Explore the Cape Coast, the Ada Foah mangroves and Ghana's must-see capital city with this South Ghana Tour Package: 6 Days departing from Accra.
South Ghana Tour Package: 6 Days
Day 1: Arrival in Accra
Upon landing at Accra airport, we'll be waiting for you to head to the centre of the Ghanaian capital. Even if you arrive in the afternoon or prefer hotel pick up you can still enjoy the sightseeing tour that will take us through the most symbolic corners of Accra. We'll visit the University of Ghana and James Town, one of the most historic neighbourhoods in the city and famous for the lighthouses which guide boats from the Gulf of Guinea.
We'll also witness the vibrant atmosphere at the fish market and pass through Oxford street, which is full of shops with colourful African fabrics. The day will end returning to the hotel in Accra where you'll have free time to rest until the next day.
If you arrive in Accra in the evening, you'll be taken straight to the hotel.
Day 2: Acra - Ada Foah
After having breakfast at the hotel, we'll make our way to the Independence Square, also known as Black Star Square, and admire the Eternal Flame of African Liberation lit in 1961. Our next stop will be the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, where the remains of Ghana's first president rest.
You'll have time to eat lunch before leaving Accra and heading northeast. After a two hour journey along Ghana's coastline, we'll arrive in Ada Foah and explore the villages around the area.
In the afternoon we'll go to the hotel and have dinner.
Day 3: Ada Foah
Once we have had breakfast we'll head out to explore Ada Foah. One of the most important attractions here is bird watching, making the most of the variety of species including flamingos, pelicans, white peacocks and black swans.
After enjoying free time to eat lunch, we'll board a boat to visit the mangroves and islands and see how gin is produced. The tour will finish here for the day and return to the hotel.
Day 4: Ada Fah - Elmina
On this day of the tour, we'll head to Elmina, the first European settlement in Western Africa. On arrival, you'll have free time for lunch, and then we'll visit the Cape Coast castle named UNESCO World Heritage Site. The fortress was known as the 'door of no return' due to the millions of slaves that passed through its doors.
Later, we'll go to the hotel, located on the beach. Here we'll visit an animal sanctuary and see horses, donkeys, crocodiles and many more.
Day 5: Elmina
During the fifth day, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy the hotel's facilities. After breakfast, you'll have free time to relax by the pool while looking out at the Atlantic Ocean or go on a horse ride along the beach.
Day 6: Elmina - Accra
After breakfast, we'll leave the hotel in Elmina and return to Accra. We'll go through the Kingdom of Denkyira and, when we arrive in the capital of Ghana, we'll stop at West Hills Mall, a shopping centre where you'll have time to enjoy lunch.
Finally, depending on your flight departure time, you'll have the option of visiting the Arts Centre or going to Accra airport.
The 6 Day South Ghana Day Tour Package includes 5 nights accommodation with breakfast at the following hotels or similar ones:
- Accra: Best Western Accra.
- Ada Foah: Tsarley Korpey Beach Resort.
- Elmina: Elmina Beach Resort.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 5% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The price of the tour depends on the size of the group. To see the exact price you must fill in the booking form, and select the number of people on the tour. The price includes all of the entrance tickets.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off at Accra airport.
Transport by car or minibus depending on the size of the group.
5 night accommodation with breakfast.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else other than your partner, family and friends.
Lunch and dinner.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).