Make the most of your layover at Amsterdam airport and discover the city with this tour. If your layover is over 8 hours then you can also visit Zaanse Schans, Volendam Marken or Edam.
Amsterdam Layover Tour
The Amsterdam Layover Tour is private, including a vehicle, driver and English speaking guide from the airport pick up to the return drop off. We'll be waiting holding a sign with your name at the arrivals terminal, and depending on the time of your arrival you can choose one itinerary or another. You can also personalise the itinerary as you like.
With this tour, you'll have two hours to discover the main points of interest in Amsterdam: Museumplein, the Anne Frank House, Dam Square or the Royal Palace of Amsterdam.
With this tour we'll spend 4 hours in Amsterdam and visit a village in the Dutch countryside: Zaanse Schans, renowned for its windmills, or Volendam, a traditional fishing village. You choose!
Do you have a longer layover in Amsterdam? With this option, you'll enjoy six hours in the Dutch capital, with longer in the city, and a trip to two of the quaint towns surrounding it: you can choose between Zaanse Schans, Marken, Volendam or Edam.
Keukenhof is one of the most famous parks in The Netherlands, definitely a recommended visit if you're travelling in spring as you'll get to the see the beautiful colours of the Tulips which extend over 32 hectares.
Between the 21st March and the 10th May, you'll have the opportunity to discover Keukenhof if your layover is over 10 hours. If so, we'll visit Amsterdam and Keukenhof, as the latter requires more time.
Although the tour is flexible and can be personalised, the tours from the airport are at the following times;
- 6-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 4 pm.
- 8-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 2 pm.
- 10-hour layover: arrivals between 8 am and 12 pm.
Important: Layover Times
You should bear in mind that the journey from the airport and back takes a total of an hour and a half, and you need to be at the airport at least two hours before your departure time. Therefore, the duration of the tour will be 4 hours less than the layover. To take the two-hour tour, for example, we recommend that you have a layover of at least 6 hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 8 people|
|2 hour tour||
|4 hour tour||
|6 hour tour||
2 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 375.50
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 417.90
4 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 421.50
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 466.30
6 hour tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 508.70
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 587.40
2 hours - 6 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Pick up and drop off at airport.
Transport by car or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else on the tour.
Entry to Keukenhof (19 euros per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 6 days before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).