Explore beautiful Lake Atitlán on this tour from Antigua Guatemala: enjoy a boat trip from Panajachel to Santiago and discover the region's indigenous cultures.
Lake Atitlan Tour & Boat Trip
At 7:30 am on the day of your tour, we'll pick you up from your chosen meeting point in Antigua Guatemala and head to Panajachel whose indigenous traditions remain deeply rooted in every corner of this vibrant Guatemalan town.
Arriving in Panajachel, we'll board a boat ready for a cruise across Lake Atitlán. The lake is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful in the world. See it for yourself as you admire the spectacular view of the Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro volcanoes towering over the twinkling waters of the lake.
The boat trip will take us to Santiago de Atitlán, a picturesque town where you'll get to see the traditional style of the Tzʼutujil people, one of 21 different Maya ethnic groups that live in Guatemala. Learn all about the typical products and crafts that are made in the region, like the beautiful and vividly coloured tunics embroidered with animals and flowers.
After touring the streets of Santiago de Atitlán, we will return to Panajachel by boat. Here you will have free time to eat (not included) or explore the streets of the town at your own pace.
We'll head back to Antigua Guatemala for around 7 pm.
Hotels with Pick Up
This tour includes pick up at the following meeting points:
- Hotel Meson del Valle
- Hotel Los Pasos
- 2a Calle Oriente, #4B
When making your reservation, you should indicate which of the hotels indicated you would like to be picked up from.
Children under 3 years old go free and do not require a reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 80
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Return boat trip between Panajachel and Santiago Atitlan.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).