Discover the Costa Rican jungle from a new perspective: soar through the rainforest canopy, fly past waterfalls and admire Arenal Volcano on an adrenaline-inducing zipline tour!
Arenal Volcano Zipline Tour
On the day of your tour, you'll be collected from your hotel in Arenal and taken to a nearby nature reserve by minibus. There, your expert naturalist guide will give you all the information necessary to enjoy your ziplining adventure as safely as possible!
You'll then climb aboard a tractor which will take you through the verdant rainforest landscapes to a viewpoint from which you'll have spectacular views of the Pino Blanco Waterfall.
From the viewpoint, your ziplining tour will begin. Climb up a tower of almost 60 feet (18 m) in height, where you'll be met with an unparalleled panoramic view of the waterfall and of Cerro Chato, an inactive volcano with a vibrant green crater lake.
Fly through the jungle canopy on a course of seven different ziplines, covering a total distance of one and a half miles (2.5 km). Each cable will take you through the beautiful trees and over adrenaline-inducing heights. The longest zipline will bring you to the awe-inspiring La Fortuna Waterfall, an impressive cascade through the jungle.
After enjoying the unforgettable thrill ride on the ziplines, you'll have the unique opportunity to learn about Costa Rican traditions, attending a theatre performance as part of the Maleku Indigenous Culture Restoration Project.
At the end of the show, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Arenal.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service from the main hotels in Arenal. If your accommodation is located very far from La Fortuna or from the main highway to the Arenal Volcano, you'll be informed of an alternative meeting point.
Children under 7 years old are not permitted to participate in this activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 56.25
Children under 5Free
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 4 days before (Arenal local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).