Feel a surge of adrenaline as you abseil down the waterfalls of the Arenal Rainforest amidst volcanic waters!
Abseiling in Arenal
After picking you up from your hotel, we'll head to the area of rivers and waterfalls in Arenal, a natural paradise where we'll begin our abseiling experience. Before starting, we'll be given detailed safety instructions.
Then we'll make our way through an area of tropical forest until we reach the waterfalls, accompanied on our walk by different species of birds, mammals and amphibians that live there.
When we abseil down the waterfall, we'll feel a rush of adrenaline as we come into direct contact with the volcanic water. While we enjoy the thrill, we'll admire the jungle from a different perspective.
Then you'll have free time to rest and enjoy a relaxing dip in the pools. And if you're the daring type, you can even jump from the top of a waterfall!
After working up an appetite, we'll fuel up with a typical Costa Rican meal of rice, beans, salad, chicken, meat or fish and natural soft drink in a local restaurant.
We'll take you back to your hotel at the end of the abseiling activity.
- If you would like a special or vegetarian meal, please mention it in a comment when you book.
The tour includes pick up and drop off to and from the main hotels in Arenal. If the hotel is located further out than the La Fortuna area or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, you'll be told where to meet.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 13 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 78
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Bottle of water.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 4 days before (Arenal local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).