Discover the natural beauty of Patagonia with this trip to Tronador (Thundering) Volcano, so called for the deafening sound that is made by ice breaks in the glaciers.
Tronador Volcano Day Trip
The tour leaves Bariloche, heading southwards, parallel with the Gutierrez and Mascardi lakes. Here we'll enjoy the spectacular landscape of La Pampa, a land of lakes, rivers, and imposing peaks of the Andes mountains.
Our route continues along the eastern coast of the Mascardi lake, until we reach a diversion in the road which leads us to the heart of the Andes. Here, we'll cross a bridge over the Manso River, and follow the rapids and the eastern branch of the Mascardi lake. We'll also visit the Piuke island viewpoint, taking in its striking heart-shaped form.
The tour then continues, crossing the Los Vuriloches Valley up to the Pampa Linda, a refuge in the foothills of the mountains where you'll have free time to eat. Having eaten lunch, we'll make our way to the foot of the Tronador Volcano, where you'll drink in the Ventisquero Negro, or Lago Manso, Glacier. Here you'll see the spectacular icebergs of Cerro Tronador - a spectacle sure to stay with you forever.
Finally, having seen the impressive waterfalls nearby, we'll head back to Bariloche, arriving at 6 pm.
During the winter months, it's important that you wear clothes and footwear that are suitable for snow. The rest of the year you should simply wear comfortable clothing.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off from hotel or meeting point in the centre of Bariloche.
Transport in bus.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
Entry into the National Park.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Bariloche local time) if there are still places available.
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle San Martín, 398.