A fairytale hilltop castle shrouded in secrets and a picture-perfect lake... discover the beauty, history and charm of Bled, one of Slovenia's most famous towns!
Bled Guided Tour Itinerary
After having been picked up from your hotel in Bled, you'll be taken to its iconic Medieval castle, perched upon a rocky outcrop overlooking the town and its lake.
Enjoy a fascinating guided tour of Bled Castle, as your expert English-speaking guide takes you on a journey through the history of Slovenia in the Middle Ages. This magical castle, which also has a drawbridge over a dramatic moat, has inspired various stories and fairy tales since its first construction in the 10th century.
Having explored the mystical ancient building, you'll head down to the picturesque Lake Bled, where you'll embark on a delightful cruise across the calm waters in a traditional wooden boat known as a Pletna. Sail to the coasts of Blejski Otok, Slovenia's only natural island, home to a historic pilgrimage church.
Your guided tour will come to an end at the original departure dock. Back on dry land, you'll have 45 minutes of free time to have lunch (not included) or to stroll along the beautiful banks of the lake. Finally, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Bled.
The price of this tour does not include tickets to the following attractions:
- Bled Castle: 11 Euros per person.
- Pletna boat cruise on Lake Bled: 15 Euros per person.
These tickets should be purchased in cash on the same day of the tour.
Day trip from Ljubljana
If you're staying in the Slovenian capital, you can also reserve this Day Trip to Bled from Ljubljana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 27.60
5 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
Entrance to Bled Castle (11 EUR per person).
Ticket for Pletna boat on Lake Bled (15 EUR per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).