Admire the charming city of Naolinco, and the beautiful landscapes that surround it when you take this brilliant trip from Boca del Rio. We will follow in the footsteps of the Franciscans and discover the legacy they left in this part of Mexico.
Naolinco Franciscan Route Trip
We will pick you up at your hotel in Boca del Rio between 8 am and 8:20 am. From there, we head into the idyllic green landscapes of the Sierra de Naolinco mountain range. During the journey, you will enjoy stunning views from the comfort of the minibus.
Along the way, we make several stops, visiting the famous Xalapa Fortress and the ruins of an old abandoned church.
Eventually, we will arrive at the picturesque village which is named after the Sierra de Naolinco. Here, we take a guided tour and visit its essential landmarks, such as the church of San Mateo Apóstol or the Casa de la Cultura.
We then take a one-hour break, so you can get your strength back by eating at one of the traditional restaurants in the village. Naolinco is home to a wonderful cuisine that mixes traditional Mexican cuisine with colonial influences.
With our energies recharged, we then head to the Naolinco Market where you will encounter the leather handicrafts which this town is famous for. We will visit the stalls and the craftsmen will reveal how they create their products. Of course, you will also be able to buy a nice souvenir of your trip to take home.
After the visit to the market, we will return to your hotel in Boca del Río, arriving between 8 pm and 8:20 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old.|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 2 years old.Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the places visited on the itinerary.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).