Explore the centre of the Colombian Capital with this free bike tour of Bogotá! You'll get to know all about the city on two wheels, and best of all it's free!
Bogota Bike Tour: Free!
The tour meets at the chosen time in Chorro de Quevedo square - found in the neighbourhood of La Candelaria. From here we'll discover the stunning historic centre of the Colombian capital.
First of all we'll discover the history of the square itself, where according to tradition the forces of Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada were established before the founding of Bogotá in 1538. We'll dive into the history of the city, as we pedal around the nearby streets.
The free tour of Bogotá then continues on the way to Plaza de Bolívar. Here we'll see from outside, monuments such as the Catedral Primada de Colombia, and the national Capitol - where a large part of Bogtá's history took place!
At the mid-point we'll stop to refresh ourselves with some Colombian fruit juices, and try a typical local drink called agua de panela. And on one of the stops we'll even plant a tree, thus contributing to the natural environment!
Finally, following three and a half hours around the streets of Bogotá , we'll put an end to the free tour around the La Soledad neighbourhood..
This free tour of Bogotá does not permit reservations for more than 6 people.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Colombian fruit juices. .
Agua de panela.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza del Chorro de Quevedo.