Chocolate, waffles, fries, beer... Belgian food is definitely worth a try! Enjoy the delicious tastes of Bruges on this free food tour with an expert English-speaking guide. What are you waiting for?
Bruges Free Food Tour Itinerary
Begin your gastronomic tour of Bruges meeting in the picturesque Grote Markt, in the heart of the city's historic centre. Under the shadow of the famous Belfry, cafes spill out onto the cobblestones in front of the Medieval townhouses, along with the delicious smell of fries, waffles and chocolate... hope you're hungry!
Throughout this guided walking tour, you'll learn curious facts about Belgian cuisine while getting to taste the best foods that Bruges has to offer. While you might dismiss them as a fast food side, the twice-cooked sauce-topped Flemish fries are an institution in this city, and a tasty one at that. So much so, in fact, that there's a an entire museum here dedicated to fried potatoes here. At the Frietmuseum, you'll discover the rituals behind the preparation of Belgian frites and taste the different sauces served with them.
If there's one food that Belgium is known for, it's chocolate. Give in to temptation and try the range of luxurious pralines that are handmade by independent chocolatiers here, while your guide explains the history of the delicacy in the country.
The cherry on the cake of your foodie adventure in Bruges will be a mouth-watering Belgian waffle and a refreshing glass of local beer. Cheers!
- It is not possible to reserve this free tour if you are a group of more than 6 people. If this is the case, we recommend booking a private tour of Bruges.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a maximum of three children permitted per adult.
- This tour does not enter any museums or monuments, just visiting the outside.
- Alcohol will only be served to adults over 18 years old.
- The products served in the food tasting may vary according to availability.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Bruges history and gastronomy.
Free tasting of a Belgian beer and different local delicacies (may vary).
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.